Thursday, April 9, 2009

Can I Borrow Your License Jaime?


I'm sure my parents will remember this funny story even though Jaime didn't think it was very funny at the time but she laughs about it now. One night when my sister and I were heading back to Union University (this is when we were 16) I was speeding along the interstate when I saw those horrible blue lights go off (nothing has changed by the way, just able to get out of most tickets now days). I reached back for my purse to retrieve my license when I realized I must have left my purse either back at home or in the dorm...not good. I looked over at Jaime and said "I need your license, I don't have mine". She said "NO". I said "I don't want to get arrested, you don't want me to go to jail, now do you". Of course Jaime was weighing her options because I was going to kill her if she didn't help me out. So I handed the officer my sister's license and proceeded to receive a darn ticket. Once we were back on the road, Jaime informs me that I need to tell our parents and that I need to get this ticket off her record. WHAT!! NO WAY...I didn't want to tell my parents. That would mean I would get grounded and lose my privileges of driving the car. Then Jaime said, "if you don't, I will"...what was I to do except accept my punishment and tell my parents. Now here's the part that made me really mad. My dad (Mike) told me I would have to go to court in that district, which was Brownsville, and pay the court fees and try to get the ticket thrown out. Just great, I thought. Mike took me up to the courthouse in Brownsville and I'm sitting on the pew waiting for the judge to call my name when Mike jabs with his elbow and says they are calling your SISTERS NAME...Oh yeah...ooppsss...I forgot, I was Jaime and not me. I wasn't listening for Jaime's name, I was waiting for the name Janet Arnold. I thought I was going to blow it, but I did end up standing there and taking my tongue lashing from the judge and I paid the bill. Of course I was grounded and I wasn't allowed to drive the car for two weeks too. So as you see, sometimes it's nice to have twin and other times, it just doesn't pay to use her driver's license. It was more trouble than it helped me....

No comments:

Post a Comment