Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Funniest Customer Insanity (Summer 1992)

Here's an oldie but goodie from the past...Jaime and I were 16 and we had jobs at different retail chains. Jaime worked at Payless Cashways (hardware store) and I worked at OfficeMax (office supply warehouse). One day a customer was visiting Payless and Jaime was his cashier and checked him out. Nothing out of the ordinary and then the customer decided he needed office supplies. The customer was in my line when he was checking out and just starred at me with these huge eyes and said to me "I think I'm going insane". I looked at him peculiarly and said "ok". He said "how did you change so fast and beat me here". I said "I guess I'm just that good, I suppose" with major sarcasm. The poor customer said "oh please tell me that you don't work at Payless Cashways too...don't you remember me". "OHHHHHH"...I said. "Well, you see I have stealth speed and I am a double agent" and then I started laughing and explained that my twin sister works at Payless Cashways as a cashier and he started to laugh with me. He thanked me for the funniest moment ever for him and I told him that it happens ALL the TIME...I don't think he will ever forget the redhead twins...

No comments:

Post a Comment