Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"Jaime is that You"

As Jaime stated previously in her last post about University of Memphis, people were always getting us confused and I'm not sure how since Jaime had already graduated and I had started back full time 2 years later and I was a Biology major and she was Political Science major. Anyways, somehow we always ran into people that thought I was her or she was me. One day it payed off to be Jaime though. I was running late one day for my Biology class and I saw my opportunity to park close to the school so that I wouldn't be late for class. Of course this was nice, close parking space unfortunately with a "No Parking" sign but other cars were there and so I felt, surely it would be ok for me as well. I could have cared less about one of those stupid U of M security personnel cops giving me one of their $25 parking tickets. So I went to class and I made it to class on time and thought, this is awesome. It was nice not to have to park 2 miles away. My happiness was only short lived though. As I was walking out to my car to go home for the day, there was a Memphis POLICE OFFICER there by my car. Ok not one of U of M's security idiots. I thought to myself, oh no, how am I going to beg and plead not to get a ticket. So I walked up to the officer and said "hello, guess I'm getting a ticket". He said, "yes mam, you know this is a NO PARKING area, surely since there is a sign right there". "Uh, yes sir, I do". Then he turned around and started to hand me the ticket and said "Jaime, is that you?" "Uh why hello there," I said. "Oh my goodness, it has been awhile since I have seen you". Now I'm trying to figure out his name and looking at his badge. I said, "I'm sorry I parked here, I was running late for my class and I had an exam in that class" and he said, "give me that back" and he tore up the ticket. "Oh you are so sweet" and I gave him a hug. "Jaime, don't let me catch you parking here again". "Yes sir"...I never knew the police officers name, but Jaime came to my rescue she didn't even do anything. I don't think Jaime ever figured out who it was even after I described what the police officer looked like, but I was so glad to have a twin that day!!! I'm thinking I haven't helped Jaime out much but she sure has helped me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment