Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Double Trouble


My sister, Janet, and I are identical twins who were not created from fertility drugs, but by the idea that twins run in the family and skip every other generation. In fact, we are the real deal! My mother was lucky enough to not only marry an identical twin (that's right my father is an identical twin too, that's another blog later), but have identical twin daughters. My great-grandfather on my mother's side is an identical twin. So you see, we are the real deal, if you believe in twins skip generations that is.


I feel sorry for my mother as the doctors told her she was having a big boy, so big in fact that my sister weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz. and I weighed 7 lbs. 9 oz.. That's one big boy! We are 9 minutes apart and I'm supposedly the oldest (really how can you tell?). Now a days I would prefer to say I'm the younger of the two just because I am now in my 30's! I find our date of birth ironic because we were born June 22nd and had we been born June 21st our astrology sign would have been Gemini, the symbol for twins!


So another interesting fact about my sister and I, we both have three kids. My first and last child have our red hair and the middle one has blonde. Her children are the opposite, her oldest and youngest have blonde hair and her middle one has red hair. Go figure, strange how genetics work!


Although we are identical and share the same dna, we are two totally different people. We do have the same mannerisms and our voices are hard to tell apart on the phone, but personality wise we are different as night and day. She is a nurse and I am a party planner. Give me a party any day over having to give a person a shot!



So are twins fascinating, you bet and we love that we are so UNIQUE AND NOT NORMAL. Normal is boring!

1 comment:

  1. My Mom has an identical twin. My Aunt sounds just like my Mom on the telephone. They were always alot alike in some ways, but unique in others.

    ReplyDelete